Client Case Study #1: Digital Transition – Going Paper-less
The goals of the project were:
- To allow the organisation to go paper-less and streamline their data processing.
- Give the organisation the capacity and capability to deliver online and blended courses to over 2500 students while still ensuring exceptional outcomes.
- To create efficiency and streamline the business workflows to ensure data optimisation.
Scope and deliverables:
The scope of the project included the following:
- Implement EDUonGO and Circulate Workflow
- Integrate with the client’s student management system
- Upload +10 qualifications into the LMS
- Convert assessment to be digital to allow students to go paperless.
- Improve data processing time and increase accuracy.
Overview of the project stages:
To ensure success the project was divided into the following stages:
- Scoping: Conducted a needs analysis, requirements scoping and finalisation
- Project Kick-off: Project launch, finalised solution and project plans
- System Contextualisation: set up and contextualise the software and applications to meet client requirements.
- Content Upload: Upload
- User Testing: Client project team test the software and solution
- Super User Training: Trained the different user profiles, including – curriculum teams, trainers, student support and data admin team
- Final Contextualisation: Made final adjustments to the software based on feedback
- System Roadshow: Provided 2 roadshows to showcase the system to the broader organisation
- Go Live: executed on a staggered launch of the courses, to minimize the potential issues. All courses achieved their go live dates with minimal issues.
Services included to complete project:
To successfully deliver on the above, Circulus needed to provide the following services to ensure a quality product at the end of the day:
- Project managers
- Graphic designers
- Software development team
- E-learning developers
- Quality Assurance
- All courses launched on time with minimal disruption and issues.
- Data processing times improved to be completed within 12 hours
- Data errors reduced dramatically
- Printing costs reduced
- All students submitted assessments and access resources online
- All staff were trained and understood the system prior to launch.
- Daily support was provided to the client on critical launch days to ensure smooth running.